Halloween is right around the corner. Sure, there is lots of candy to look forward to. But let’s face it, getting the crap scared out of you is what thrill-seekers look forward to every October. Check out our top picks for the scariest and creepiest haunts in and around the Dayton area.
- For 14 years the Dayton Scream Park has been scaring people throughout the Ohio Valley. For only 20 bucks, experience a live-action haunted trail and 2 haunted houses.
- The award-winning attraction at Horror Acres features an extreme horror-filled haunted house and a corn Maze of Insanity.
- The Lewisburg Haunted Cave is a sheer terror with 30,000 live bats awaiting your entrance to a cave that sits 80 feet below the earth. Guinness Book of World Records ranked this truly terrifying attraction as the longest haunted house.
- Take a haunted bus ride through the forest of doom on The Wilmington Haunted Hollow Ride. Travel through fog-filled tunnels and abandoned mines as Farmer Dave and his fire breathing semi-trucks lurk in the darkness.
- If you are looking for spine-tingling, blood-curdling, all-out scream your head off fun, then look no further than the Land of Illusion Haunted Scream Park. The admission ticket includes unlimited access to six frightening attractions that only the bravest of souls will survive.
- The Temple of Terror Haunted House features creatures of the night grabbing at you around every creepy turn.
- Try to escape the grasp of the evil Dr. Psycho as you run through the labyrinth of halls in a haunted hospital, where the patients never leave.
- If you dare to face your fears, then check out Phobia! This anxiety-ridden attraction will have you experiencing all-out terror from head to toe. Not for the faint of heart.
- Don’t mistake the Killer Klowns for the ones you find at the circus. This 3D haunted maze of madness has maniacal freaks waiting to lure you under the big top. Trust us, you won’t come out laughing – if you come out!
- The Middletown Haunted Trail is the longest and scariest trail in the Midwest. Since 1997, chainsaw murderers and blow torch-wielding psychos have been haunting the forest. Be sure to wear your running shoes as you will need to be fast to come out alive.
- Now included in the price of admission, The Zombie Sniper Patrol gives you a chance to hunt down and seek revenge on the Zombies. Board a US Army truck, firing paintballs at the mutants while traversing the treacherous woods.
The killer weekend that you’ve been dying for also offers food trucks and live concerts. Don’t miss this ghoulishly good time!